Business Improvement Analyst
United Arab Emirates
Who we are
Pure Harvest Smart Farms is a UAE-based, high-tech agriculture start-up. We develop and operate high-tech, climate-controlled farms to grow a variety of crops and sell our products directly into the markets in which we operate. In early-2018 we successfully deployed our first-ever farm in Nahel, Al Ain growing a wide variety of flavourful tomatoes that “Taste Like They Should TM”. Our products are selling-out at major retailers in the UAE and are consumed at an assortment of elite restaurants & hotels. Our brand is associated with incredibly tasty produce and we are quickly building a loyal and vocal customer base. We are now expanding into new crops (strawberries and leafy greens) and into new geographies (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait). Technology, data, and innovation are core to our ethos, and we aim to redefine the Middle Eastern agricultural sector. We are passionate about what we do, and we are believers in the growth potential of the company. Our team is multi-cultural (American, European, African, Middle Eastern, South Asian), and our backgrounds diverse (horticulture, engineering, private equity, management consulting, retail, marketing, etc.). Never a boring day at Pure Harvest.
In recognition of regional vulnerabilities associated with food import dependence, water scarcity and sustainability, Pure Harvest is committed to resource efficiency and to overcoming climate challenges to affordably deliver premium quality fresh produce to the Middle East
Who you are
We are looking for a dynamic person to help build a great organisation that is driven, motivated, and passionate about the industry and the positive impact the company can deliver in the region and beyond. You should be well versed and experienced in driving, building and steering people to deliver on company objectives. As a candidate we will be looking into how you have demonstrated your capabilities at a reputable organisation and the experience that you can build on within a fast-growing company like Pure Harvest.
Ideally you are a candidate that can be trusted, with a high standard in work ethics, that doesn’t shy away from challenging situations, and the ability to deliver high performance with minimal oversight. As a high trust organisation, we are looking for people that understand requirements fully, take ownership and deliver results at a high standard consistently, and as the person leading that culture, the ability to demonstrate that is essential.
Relying on a thorough knowledge of the Company’s objectives and goals:
- Help to define business problems via in-depth investigation and gathering of technical and non-technical information.
- Own KPI's and performance management in the operations organisation
- Ensure timely reporting of all operational metrics
- Modelling business processes and identifying opportunities for process improvements
- Identifying issues, risks and benefits of existing and proposed solutions and outlining business impacts
- Creating functional specifications for solutions
- Estimating costs and identifying business savings
- Simplifying information and deciphering technical jargon so it is easily understood by the whole team
- Implementing and testing of solutions
- Supporting business transition and helping to establish change
- Drive operational excellence and process improvements within the Company
- Develop and implement business processes wherever applicable to make the organisation run more efficiently
- Ensure all processes and SOPs are well documented and stored in one location
- Drive a culture of continuous improvements in the organisation
- Identify and drive cost saving initiatives
- Execute on the customer promise
- Own the definition of quality and manage quality actively with a well‐defined customer complaint process
- Support in special projects, such as strategic procurement, cost saving projects and other projects
- Travel to the company’s operations internationally, as required
Comprehensive data collection and drive regular reporting and PMO improvement plans
- Ensure the data collection is comprehensive across all the locations and across all topics (such as water, electricity etc.)
- Design and drive preparation of material for regular reporting of data (e.g., MOR, weekly
- performance report, daily bonus report etc.)
- Drive and PMO improvement plans across all our sites
Drive efficiency improvement related projects on ground
- Identify areas of efficiency improvement across packing and harvesting and drive them
Drive operations excellence and process improvement within Pure Harvest
- Ensure all processes and SOPs are well documented in one place
- Drive culture of continuous improvement through setting up process and meetings
- Focus on 5s projects, process improvement etc.
Support in special projects when required and travel to company’s operations if required
- Oversee the customer service executive to facilitate the smooth communication
- Oversee sales and operations planning
Drive continuous improvement across the supply Chain and PMO and own cost saving targets through procurement and supply chain areas
- Support the development and approval of Pure Harvest Strategy
- Conduct market, competitors' and other relevant analysis to inform the strategy definition
- Support the preparation and monitoring / execution of the Strategy implementation initiatives
- Support the development and implementation of new Business / Corporate development projects and new partnership, and KPIs to measure success
- Supporting the assessment of operational and financial performances
- Monitoring continuously and analyzing the external business environment (e.g., industry analysis, macroeconomic trends etc.) to help developing new growth initiatives for the existing portfolio companies and identifying new ventures
- Effective stakeholder engagement – ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation right up to the CEO
- Critical thinking - The ability to understand and analyze problems and find solutions
- Problem solving - The ability to think creatively and work collaboratively with teams to solve business challenges
- Decision making - The ability to make decisions around things such as requirement prioritisation, scope, assessing viability of solutions etc
- Good listener & communicator- The ability to ask the right questions and correctly understand the information received is essential
- Documentation and writing skills – The ability to create documents such as use cases and business requirement documents
- Confident presenter - The ability to present findings and recommendations to senior leaders and to manage stakeholder meetings
Requirements / skills
- Proven work experience as a Business Improvement Analyst in a similar industry
- Degree in Business, IT or Finance. MBA desirable.
- Knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management
- Experience budgeting and forecasting
- Familiarity with business and financial principles
- Outstanding organisational skills
Please note before applying: our people define our success and we take hiring seriously. Interviewing with Pure Harvest may include video and phone interviews and/or off-site interviews. Though not required, we highly recommend that you submit a cover letter that outlines the key attributes of your candidacy & demonstrates that you understand and are qualified for this unique/ challenging role. Also, we complete both formal and informal reference checks for all hires. Please be prepared to submit references upon request.
Although we are unable to follow-up with each-and-every applicant, we do our absolute best to conduct a systematic hiring process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.